2022 Support Groups
These groups will be facilitated by our Therapeutic Outreach Coach, Alex Rohn, MA, LMHC. Alex is a licensed mental health counselor. She graduated from the University of Northern Iowa with her master's degree in clinical mental health counseling in 2016. Since then she has worked in a variety of academic settings providing individual and group therapy as well as education and outreach surrounding trauma, mental health and stress management.
Parent Support Group
This support group is a safe space to explore your feelings and share your experiences as a parent of a student struggling with mental health concerns and exploring ways to take care of YOU while taking care of your child. As part of this group, you will have the opportunity to give and receive support, encouragement, and feedback from other attendees. This is not a therapy group and not a substitute for mental health treatment or medical treatment. This particular group will be facilitated by Alex Rohn, MA, LMHC.
Monday June 27th @ 7-8 pm
Monday July 11th @ 7-8 pm
Monday July 25th @ 7-8 pm
Monday August 8th @ 7-8 pm
Monday August 22nd @ 7-8 pm
Virtual Support Groups led by Karol King, LMFT, Mental Health Therapist
Beneficios de participar en un grupo de apoyo:
1) Darse cuenta de que no estás solo.
2) Es un lugar seguro para hacer preguntas y expresar sus sentimientos.
3) Aprender información útil.
4) Desarrollar habilidades sociales y conocer gente nueva.
5) Aprenda habilidades de como superar y reducir el estrés.
Benefits of participating in a support group:
1) Realizing you are not alone.
2) Safe place to ask questions and express your feelings.
3) Learning helpful information.
4) Develop social skills and meet new people.
5) Learn coping skills and reduce stress.
Los grupos se llevan a cabo cada otro miércoles de 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Groups are held every other Wednesday from 6:00-7:00 PM
Los grupos comienzan el 26 de enero, pero puedes unirte en cualquier momento
Groups start on January 26th, but you can join anytime
Regístrese y encuentre más información aquí!